(Source: PSI website album)
The Permaculture Society of India (PSI) is a recognized non-profit society dedicated to promoting permaculture through educational programs and field projects. The Society established the Permaculture Institute of India to further these objectives. The non-profit also maintains a trade exchange program between “green” producers, manufacturers, farmers, buyers and consumers.
Alongside with other governing authorities and international organizations, PSI is committed to support green projects and knowledge in the local, regional or South Asian areas.
1. Permaculture Institute of India
The Society will offer introductory and accredited Permaculture Design Courses in the later part of 2010. Modules and training will be provided by the Permaculture Research Institute of Australia. Courses are:
- Introductory Orientation, a 2-day course covering the basics of permaculture
- Intermediate Level, a 72hour certified course focusing on a complete Permaculture Design program (theory, design and implementation)
- Accredited Permaculture Training (APT), which can be certified (1-4) or degree based (Diploma in Permaculture). This is recognized internationally. Training will include planning, organizing, building and gardening.
2. World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF) India
In partnership with WWOOF India, PSI is also inviting members and non-members to volunteer in projects nationwide. Lodging and food is free in exchange for volunteer work. Click here for more information.
What the Permaculture Society of India (PSI) Needs
Learners and volunteers are always welcome. Those interested in Permaculture courses can enroll at the Permaculture Institute of India. Click here for more information. Volunteers for WWOOF can register here.
*National Head Office
21 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
New Delhi 110001 India
T: +91.98716 05353
F: +1.425.871 6510
Dev Niwas (ground floor)
89 Sarwari Bazar (ward 5)
District & Tehsil Kullu
Himachal Pradesh 175101 India
T: +91.90151 37535
F: +1.425.871 6510