(Source: PPA Facebook Page Photos)
Philippine Permaculture Association (PPA) is a registered non-government organization (NGO) based in Manila, focusing on spreading permaculture principles to communities and homesteads in the country. The Association envisions environmentally conscious design as an effective way to create sustainable living nationwide. PPA is comprised of members in a big learning community committed to sharing and implementing permaculture skills and knowledge through workshops and field projects.
To date, the NGO has successfully implemented the following projects:
- an exhibit called “Redesigning our way of life based on Nature” last February 9-13, 2010, featuring sustainable agricultural products and models. The following were displayed:
- “green” personal/ home care products
- bamboo roofing
- composting toilet sample
- container gardening
- cultivating EM effective microbes
- DIY briquette maker
- eco-house with recycled materials
- endemic trees
- herb spiral
- organic produce
- Products made with recycled materials.
- rocket stove
- water collection sample
- the first Permaculture conference in the Philippines gathering all permaculture enthusiasts in the country held in Cebu City last February 12-14, 2010.
- a Permaculture forum was also run on February 14, 2010, entitled “Are you ready to love Mother Earth again“, with 80 participants, featuring a special guest from Ananda Marga Wellness Center, Dada Dharma. The special lecture was about “Inner Permaculture“, also called “how to maintain the ecology within our body”. This covered permaculture-related health practices.
What Philippine Permaculture Association Needs
PPA is now looking for teachers, experts and other practitioners to help with workshops and projects. Volunteers, local or international, are also welcome to help with farm sites and other projects.
22 Matiyaga Street,
Central District Diliman
Quezon City 1101
Tel: +63 2 434 4415